These cinnamon grilled peaches with vanilla coconut whipped cream are the perfect late summer dessert.
Perfect for those evenings spent outside savoring the cooler nights.
I’ve been making this all summer, but somehow it hadn’t made it on my list of posts-to-publish until a Labor Day BBQ with family. They raved about it, so I thought I’d share it here. It seems so simple (it is), but the flavors are outstanding.
It’s a real-food version of a classic summer treat, with just a couple of ingredients to let the flavor of the peaches shine… only cinnamon, coconut nectar (or maple syrup), and peach grilled for just a few minutes until peaches are soft, warm, and gooey.
I love that you don’t have to use brown sugar or butter to get an amazing dessert! Top with an easy non-dairy whipped cream or your favorite vanilla ice cream.
- 2 TB coconut nectar (or maple syrup)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 soft, ripe peaches
- Heat your grill.
- Wash and halve your peaches.
- Whisk together the coconut nectar and cinnamon and brush on the cut side of the peach halves. Place the leftover coconut nectar/cinnamon mixture to the side.
- When your grill is hot, place the peaches cut side down on the grill on low-to medium heat.
- Leave on for 6-8 minutes, but watch them to make sure they don't burn. You want the peaches to start getting very soft. Then flip, and leave on another 5 minutes or so, until peaches are very, very soft and caramelized.
- While the peaches are cooking, make your vanilla coconut whipped cream.
- When the peaches are done, place them in a bowl. Drizzle with the leftover cinnamon/coconut nectar mixture, put a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream on top, and garnish with cinnamon.
*Serve immediately. This dish is best served with warm, just-grilled peaches.
To make the vanilla coconut whipped cream, click here for the recipe.
Products I used in this recipe:
- Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk — 13.5 fl oz Each / Pack of 4
- Simply Organic Cinnamon Ground Certified Organic, 2.45-Ounce Container
- Coconut Secret – Raw Coconut Nectar Low Glycemic Sweetener – 12 oz.
I’d love to connect with you on social media –
For day-to-day recipes, pictures, resources, and tips,
follow Made to Glow on
Have you seen the Made to Glow Amazon Shop?
It’s full of my favorite products – from food to kitchen gadgets to books to body products. Check it out!
This post has been shared with Gluten-free Fridays.