Chocolate. Coconut. Banana.
The trifecta of yum. Aaaaand full of nutrients. A superfood ‘frosty’, if you will.
This delightful treat combines that oh-so-good for you cacao and frozen banana for a super creamy dessert. Add in Molokai Coconut Bai5 + toasted shredded coconut and you’ve got a hint of the tropics.
Pretty darn perfect way to ring in the unofficial start of summer, eh?
Seriously, with just a handful of ingredients, no added sugar, and less than 10 minutes to make, this healthy treat is a must. Just in time for the weekend…
To take this over the top, garnish with a big dollop of coconut whipped cream like I did on these cinnamon grilled peaches and mango coconut parfaits (bonus, the whipped cream is also gluten-free, vegan and dairy-free).
- 3 Heaping TB Cocoa Powder
- 2 Large Frozen Bananas (in chunks)
- ½+ Cup Molokai Coconut Bai5
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Heaping TB cacao nibs + more nibs for topping
- ⅛ cup of Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- Toast the shredded coconut… spread the shredded coconut in an even layer in your toaster oven or pan (whatever you would use to toast nuts). Toast the shredded coconut for just a minute or two until it starts to brown - then immediately take off the heat as it will burn fast. Set to the side.
- Pulse the frozen banana chunks and cocoa powder in a food processor or high-speed blender a few times. Add ¼ cup of the Bai5 in while leaving the processor on. Turn off and scrape down the sides with your spatula. Pulse a few more times, add the last ¼ of Bai5. Scrape down the sides. The consistency should start to look like a smooth, velvety, chocolate-y spread. Is your food processor having trouble? Add more Bai5.
- Throw in the cacao nibs and pulse a couple of times to incorporate.
- Put in glasses and top with toasted shredded coconut and more cacao nibs. Serve immediately.
Same goes for if your bananas aren't sweet enough… add your sweetener of choice to taste.
Want more coconutty flavor? Mix the shredded coconut into the frosty AND top it with it. Or, try adding coconut extract instead of vanilla extract!
Too thick for you? Add more Bai and process again.
Top with whipped coconut cream to take this over the top!
Wondering about frozen bananas?
I always have frozen bananas on hand for smoothies, soft serves, and frostys like these. Don’t throw out your spotted bananas! Peel, chop them into large pieces, and freeze so you have them on hand anytime to make delicious frozen desserts.
Are you a fan of Bai? Check out my Blueberry Burst Smoothie.
Click the links below for info about the products I used in this recipe:
I’d love to connect with you on social media –
For day-to-day recipes, pictures, resources, and tips,
follow Made to Glow on
Have you seen the Made to Glow Amazon Shop?
It’s full of my favorite products – from food to kitchen gadgets to books to body products. Check it out!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase any products through the links in this post, Made to Glow will earn a small commission which helps to support the development of the site and is sincerely appreciated. I only recommend products that I use myself and recommend to clients. Thank you!