AND, these muffins and the Lemon Coconut Frosting that was posted earlier this week are a match made in heaven.
The lemon, blueberry, and coconut combination is divine, don’t ya think?
- ¼ cup coconut flour + a bit more to dust the blueberries
- ¼ tsp pink himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted to a liquid (but make sure it's not hot or it will curdle the eggs)
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- 5 drops stevia
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries
- mini muffin liners**
- Frosting: Use the Lemon Coconut Frosting recipe on www.madetoglow.com
- In one medium-sized bowl, stir together ¼ cup of the coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk the vanilla extract, coconut oil, stevia, coconut nectar, and eggs until well-combined.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet and set aside.
- In a small bowl or within the ½ cup measuring cup of frozen blueberries, toss the blueberries with a spoonful or two of coconut flour until all of the berries are dusted. This helps to keep the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Place 18 mini muffin liners into your mini muffin tins. Grease the inside of your mini muffin liners with oil (I use a spray coconut or olive oil)**
- Spoon the batter into the mini muffin liners until each one is no more than ⅔ full.
- Bake at 375F for 10 minutes, or until lightly brown on top and firm to the touch.
- Let cool, then frost with the Lemon Coconut Frosting (on www.madetoglow.com) right before serving.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Before serving, leave at room temperature to thaw for several hours or microwave for a few seconds until soft.**
- Makes 18 mini muffins.
**These are served best at room temperature. If you keep them for a few days, store them in the fridge, however, they need to thaw before serving. The Lemon Coconut Frosting will harden in the fridge, so keep it at room temperature before frosting the muffins.
Products I Recommend:
- If You Care – Mini Baking Cups Unbleached Totally Chlorine-Free (TCF) – 90 Cup(s)
- Coconut Secret – Raw Coconut Nectar Low Glycemic Sweetener – 12 oz.
- Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Flour (Gluten Free), 16 Ounce Canister
- Trader Joe’s Himalayan Pink Salt Crystals with Built in Grinder Natural and Pure Use in Any Dish You Would Use Regular Salt
- Sweet Leaf Liquid Stevia Clear Sweet Drops – 2 Ounce
I’d love to connect with you on social media –
For day-to-day recipes, pictures, resources, and tips,
follow Made to Glow on
Have you seen the Made to Glow Amazon Shop?
It’s full of my favorite products – from food to kitchen gadgets to books to body products. Check it out!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase any products through the links in this post, Made to Glow will earn a small commission which helps to support the development of the site and is sincerely appreciated. I only recommend products that I use myself and recommend to clients. Thank you!