Hey, friends! I don’t know about where you are, but it has been H.O.T. where I am and being the baby oven that I am right now, I’ve been craving some cold, chocolate treats.
I took my crowd-favorite (and my favorite) Chocolate Avocado Mousse recipe, added mini chocolate chips, and froze it. Delicious and easy. Side note: did you see that my colleagues threw me a surprise baby shower and made my Chocolate Avocado Mousse for everyone to enjoy? So thoughtful and lovely.
Anyways, this treat is super creamy and thick. It’s naturally sweetened with medjool dates and your choice of maple syrup or stevia to taste. Use whatever chocolate chips you like best – I like Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips because they’re gluten-free and dairy-free.
I make the batter then spoon it into small glass tupperware containers (Pyrex are my fave) then freeze overnight. When ready to eat, let the container thaw just as you would with ice cream, and then devour!
- 10 very soft, plump medjool dates (soak them in water soften if needed)
- A little less than ¼ tsp of salt
- Flesh from 3 ripe avocados
- ½ TB vanilla extract
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 TB melted coconut oil (optional, makes it richer)
- 1 TB water
- Liquid stevia (start with 6-8 drops) OR maple syrup (start with a drizzle) to taste
- ½ cup of mini chocolate chips
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the water, maple syrup or stevia, and mini chocolate chips, in a food processor.
- Pulse the mixture a few times until it has started to mix together. Wipe down the sides of your food processor. Pulse a few more times.
- Add the liquid stevia or maple syrup.Turn the food processor on for awhile to further mix, and pour in the water while it's running.
- Process until fully incorporated. The mousse should be smooth and velvety.
- Too bitter? Add another drop of stevia or more maple syrup and process again.
- Fold the mini chocolate chips in and stir until incorporated.
- Spoon into small bowls or containers and freeze.
- When ready to enjoy, simply let thaw to your desired frosty consistency.
check out Made to Glow on
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
It’s full of my favorite products – from food to kitchen gadgets to books to body products. Check it out!