No time to make breakfast in the morning? I make these on the weekends for the following week, or the night before I need to grab and go on a busy morning. Easy, transportable, and filling!
A reader recently asked me for some make-ahead breakfast ideas. She explained that she doesn’t have a lot of time in the mornings, but still wanted to get a good breakfast in before she started her day. I’ve got some great ideas, whether you’re a sweet or savory fan, and need a lot or a little to get you powered up for the day.
A few of the below are truly grab and go, no reheating necessary, but others you need to make the night before or whenever you have time. By batch-cooking, you can make a lot at once, freeze, and then have a quick and hearty breakfast ready whenever you need!
10 Make-Ahead Breakfast Ideas (Paleo and Vegan Options)
- Blueberry Coconut Muffins – Instead of making mini muffins, I pour the batter into regular-sized muffin tins; it makes enough for about 7 muffins. Not a coconut nectar fan? Try using all maple syrup with no stevia. When you’re ready to eat, smear these muffs with almond butter and you’re set!
- Coconut-Banana-Berry Breakfast Powerbowl – Use whatever berries you have on hand, and take it with you in a pyrex or mason jar if you’re on the go.
- Chia Pudding – I mix together a couple of TB of chia seeds in a mason jar and fill the rest with coconut milk, a touch of sweetener and vanilla extract overnight, shake it all up, and store in the fridge overnight. Browse my Breakfast Pinterest boards for more chia pudding inspiration!
- Almond Butter & Banana Waffle Sandwich – I make a batch of these paleo waffles on the weekends and add a handful of spinach to the batter to sneak in more greens. Then, I make a ‘breakfast sandwich’ by smearing the waffles with almond butter and banana! This breakfast saved me during my first trimester when all I wanted was carbs…
- Pancakes with Berries and Nut/Seed Butter – Here’s my favorite pancake breakfast routine… or try my Banana Nut Pancakes or Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes!
- Pumpkin Bars – Top with vegan cream cheese (this is my fave) or a cashew butter drizzle.
- Smoothies, Smoothies, Smoothies – Perhaps one of the easiest transportable, nutrient-dense options. I store mine in jars and then when I’m ready to drink, I simply grab it from the fridge and shake it up!
- Egg and Veggie Frittata Muffins – Easily customizable and transportable. Browse my Breakfast Pinterest boards for ideas! If I’m really short on time, I’ll combine hard-boiled eggs, avocado, and plantain chips for a protein/fat/carb combo.
- Larabars or Rxbars and a Piece of Fruit (Apple, Pear, Banana, etc.) – a winning on-the-go-breakfast combo!
- Make Your Own Trail Mix – My favorites are either to throw together dried fruit + nuts + chocolate (in the picture above: figs, dark chocolate, goji berries, cashews) or this 5-Minute Fall Trail Mix is my go-to year-round. I store it in these lightweight stainless steels tins and it’s ready wherever you go.
This post includes some affiliate links, which means Made to Glow will get a small percentage of your purchase (at no charge to you) – this helps to keep the blog running, so your support is much appreciated!
check out Made to Glow on
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
It’s full of my favorite products – from food to kitchen gadgets to books to body products. Check it out!