I made it to go on my Blueberry Coconut Muffins (recipe coming later this week!), but have since made it several times to eat on toast, pancakes, drizzled on berries, and of course, by the spoonful.
Real food, few ingredients, low in sugar (sweetened with stevia or try dates or maple syrup), and high in nutrition. No weird, fake frosting ingredients here – this recipe uses a base of coconut butter!
Enjoy it again and again!
- 3 TB water
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 4 stevia drops (or maple syrup to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup of coconut butter*
- Combine the coconut butter, 2 TB of water, all of the lemon juice, stevia drops (or sweetener of choice), and vanilla extract in your food processor.
- Run the food processor to combine the ingredients into a frosting consistency.
- Add more water as needed to thin.
- Taste. Adjust sweetener, water, and lemon juice as needed. Add a tiny bit of lemon zest if you'd like more lemon flavor.
- Store room temperature in a glass container for up to 3-4 days.
*I've only used store-bought coconut butter for this recipe. If you make your own, you may need to use different proportions of liquid. Please leave a comment if you use home-made coconut butter.
*This frosting solidifies in the fridge, so I leave it at room temperature to stay soft.
*It lasts about 3 days (if you don't eat it first!)
*It makes about ¾ of a cup of frosting (enough to frost 18 mini muffins).
Products I used for this recipe:
I’d love to connect with you on social media –
For day-to-day recipes, pictures, resources, and tips,
follow Made to Glow on
Have you seen the Made to Glow Amazon Shop?
It’s full of my favorite products – from food to kitchen gadgets to books to body products. Check it out!