Happy Friday, Friends! It’s been awhile since I’ve done a Friday Favorites post, but I’ve seen so many awesome resources and recipes lately that I had to share. Enjoy and let me know of any cool finds you’ve seen this week, too!
Check out this Fascinating New Research:
- Wow, very cool article on the value of meditation: We Need to Take Meditation More Seriously as Medicine from Time
- Have you heard of epigenetics? How Changes in Grandma’s Genes Can Impact Your Baby from Healthy Child, Healthy World
- New research out about the benefits of mindfulness with the Marines and prospective graduate students taking the GRE as well as discussion of “finding the balance between mindfulness and mind wandering” - Breathing In vs Spacing Out via The New York Times
- Controversial piece on the potential effects of gluten and other foods on Alzheimer’s Disease, ADHD, headaches, and depression – This is Your Brain on Gluten from The Atlantic
Favorite Recipes that I Found this Week:
- YUM. My next lunch: Nourish Bowl from Nutrition Stripped
- I’m crazy about Indian food and want to start making more at home with this gluten-free/dairy-free version of Lentil Makhani with Potatoes and Spinach from Tasty Yummies
- Cauliflower shines again, this time in a vegan alfredo sauce: Cauli-power Fettuccini Alfredo from Oh She Glows
- I need a little hint of summer right now with all of this snow, so I’m breaking out my organic frozen strawberries for this one: Strawberry Chia Smoothie from Om Nom Ally
- Homemade Chocolate Nut Butter from Ragdoll Kitchen? Yes, please!
- Lastly, I’m sticking this in my crockpot tomorrow! Slow-Cooker Winter Breakfast Stew from Carrie on Vegan
Stuck indoors because of the winter weather? Take a look at this awesome workout roundup to get your booty movin’! Also, check out this great post on incidental moving as well as this awesome idea – the Popsicle Stick Trick! I’ve just switched up my work routines and unfortunately sit all day now so I’m making a goal to move around every hour – it all adds up.
Made to Eat tip: I know it takes time and effort, but packing your meals if you’re away from home during the day is key to getting your glow on. By making sure you have enough food with you, you’ll avoid spending money on junk food, fill your body with nutrients and consistent energy, and know you’ve set yourself up to eat healthier throughout the day. I also do this to make sure I don’t get home starving, ready to gorge on everything in sight if my blood sugar is crashing. For a little inspiration, here’s a picture of today’s gluten-free/dairy-free/sugar-free meals away from home:
Breakfast: Banana Blueberry Pancakes with cashew butter & hemp seed
Lunch: Huge salad of arugula, mung bean noodles, cherry tomatoes, olives, carrots, avocado, Tessamae’s Lemonette dressing
Snacks: Dairy-free yogurt w/ raspberries & Purely Elizabeth’s Pumpkin Fig granola, an orange, a clementine, and MTG Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice Green Smoothie
Other fave options include gluten-free sandwiches or wraps (load up on the veggies!), dinner leftovers, gluten-free oatmeal with berries and flax, and Hilary’s Eat Well frozen burgers. What’s your go-to packable lunch?
Have a wonderful weekend!
Like what you see? Subscribe (in the top left) to join the Made to Glow Mailing List.
For day-to-day recipes, pictures, resources, and tips,
check out Made to Glow on