This post is part of a new series, Friday Favorites, which highlights some of my favorite resources, recipes, tips, and all around fun things happening right now! I’d love if you’d leave a comment with some of your favorite finds from this week, too. We can all learn from each other!
1. EWG, the group that created the Dirty Dozen & Clean Fifteen Lists – two awesome resources to help people save money on produce while reducing pesticide exposure – has now released the Dirty Dozen List of Endocrine Disruptors. They include a short intro about how endocrine disruptors mess with our hormones and health, which are the worst, how to avoid them, and a list of solid references. Check it out!
2. Favorite recent blog read — Happiness is a Choice from 6 Months to Live. As Jacqueline writes, “Choosing happiness is about honoring the emotions of the moment, breathing through them, and choosing what best serves you and your soul. Hours make up days, years, and ultimately a lifetime, and it’s up to us if those hours are happy ones or miserable ones.” I know I sometimes let my bad moments steal my glow, so I’m trying to be more mindful. It can be really hard to do, but it’s a skill we can hone to improve our lives. Come join us in the 21-day Happiness is a Choice Life Experiment that Jacqueline wrote about in her post! Join the Happiness is a Choice 21-day Life Experiment Facebook group!
3. How to Make a Green Smoothie Video — for all of you wanting to start!
4. Helpful guide for those new to gluten-free: The Beginner’s Guide to Gluten-free Flours. I think almond and coconut flours are the best as they’re easy to use, taste great, and you don’t have to combine them with other flours or thickeners. Let me know if you have questions!
5. My favorite recent Pins that I can’t wait to make (after clicking the links, simply click on their pictures to be taken directly to the recipe): Autumn Arugula Salad with Caramelized Squash and Spiced Pecans, Pumpkin and White Bean Turkey Chili with Kale and Pepita Salsa, Chocolate Cocoa Kale Chips, Grain-free Fudge Brownies
Have you ever noticed that we can be our own worst enemies? We doubt ourselves, we’re scared to go for our dreams, and we think we’re not worth it. Well, it’s time for us to get out of our own way! Believe in yourself, breathe, let go, and get your glow on.
I just found out about this song, Burn by Ellie Goulding, and I have quickly become obsessed. Love the message, love the vibe, love Ellie Goulding! If you’re on Facebook, you may have seen me post it there, however I figured I had to re-post for those that hadn’t seen it 🙂 Turn it up and move your body!
Have a great weekend, everyone! Remember to slow down, get outside, and spend some time savoring the moment doing what you love with those you love.
Want more resources? Check out my Resources page for my favorite wellness websites, blogs, and resources.
For day-to-day recipes, pictures, resources, and tips,
check out Made to Glow on