Here are some of my favorite resources, recipes, tips, and all around fun things that are happening right now! I love to share fantastic finds with you all, so I’ll be posting my “Friday Favorites” as a new series. I’d love if you’d leave a comment with some of your favorite finds from this week, too. We can all learn from each other!
1. 16 Healthier Halloween Candy Recipes. Right in time for Halloween next week! Be careful, not ALL of the recipes listed are gluten-free and/or dairy-free, but can likely be modified (check out my Facebook page for other halloween candy recipes!)
2. Favorite new blog find — Simply Whole Foods. Gorgeous recipes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and focus on fresh, seasonal whole foods. I can’t wait to try her Butternut Squash Indian Chilli Bowl. Also check out her Pumpkin Pie Delight Smoothie – it inspired me to create my own Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice Green Smoothie that will be up on the blog next week! Sneak peek here.
3. A Heart-Centered Meditation. This seems perfect for grounding ourselves when things get crazy.
4. This cute guide to fall produce.
5. My favorite recent Pins (after clicking the links, simply click on their pictures to be taken to the recipe): Roasted Acorn Squash with Chili and Garlic, Kale and Fig Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing, Turkey Apple Chili, Green Monster Hummus.
Made to Eat – Favorite Tip: Sometimes at the end of an exhausting week, takeout or delivery is the only way to go. To make it healthier, ask for sauces or dressings on the side and request extra veggies. Also, make sure to ask if you need your order gluten-free or dairy-free as most places will easily accommodate. When you get your food home, only put 1/2 on your plate and have a side salad or add other healthy goodies to it (veggies, fruits, nuts, legumes, etc that are easily accessible and ready to eat) if you’re still hungry. Save the leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day and add them to salads, wraps, and so forth. Get creative with what you have and you can save money, reduce waste, & have healthy delicious leftovers in minutes. You may have seen this picture on Instagram last week…
Interesting Articles and Research: Fascinating articles on the brain this week –
- Op-ed on endocrine disruptors, the chemical industry, and public health: This is Your Brain on Toxins via the New York Times
- The restorative power of sleep — Brain May Flush Out Toxins During Sleep via the NIH
Last but not least! If you’re on Twitter, please join me and my fabulous co-hosts, Jacqueline from 6 Months to Live and Kristin from Will Travel for Vegan Food, for a Halloween #Livethedream chat at 7pm EST October 31st. We’ll be discussing Living the Dream with a healthy lifestyle. Can’t wait!
Have a great weekend, everyone! Remember to slow down, get outside, and spend some time savoring the moment doing what you love with those you love.
For day-to-day recipes, pictures, resources, and tips,
check out Made to Glow on